Research on soil health and orchard floor ecology remains an emerging theme in agriculture. Current research is focused on cover crops and mulches and their effects on soils, soil biota and fruit production. Research of the effects on plant diversity in cover crops and its effects on soil biology is complete as is research on the host status of cover crop plant species for plant parasitic nematodes.
- Matthew Addison
- Dr Charlene Janion-Scheepers
- Mr Matthew Addison
- Ms Ansuli Theron – MSc student
- Mr Abdul Jacobs – MSc student
- Integrated use of organic mulches in pome fruit orchards in the South Western Cape, South Africa. (M Addison)
- SAFJ Dec/Jan 2022: Mouton, A. No-till cover crop management: p. 83.
- SAFJ Dec/Jan 2022: Mouton, A. Organiese materiaal: p. 85.
- SAFJ Dec/Jan 2022: Mouton, A. Die nuwe lanbourevolusie: p. 89.
- SAFJ Dec/Jan 2022: Mouton, A. Dekgewasse in boorde: p. 94.
- Hortgro Technical Symposium Day 2 – 7 June 2022